Friday, November 28, 2014

Spotlight: A weekend at the Broadmoor Colorado Springs



                   If you are looking to get into the holiday mood with a weekend escape I've got the perfect place. The historic Broadmoor hotel provides a serene escape set against a naturally beautiful backdrop and it is kid friendly. Located in the beautiful town of Colorado Springs, the Broadmoor hotel is a great place to relax and recharge. I was so excited to spend a weekend enjoying all the wonderful amenities the hotel had to offer. After a long drive through the snow I arrived to find hot apple cider waiting for me. The welcoming hotel staff also informed me that they would be happy to open the gift shop at any time of the day or night (can you really tell I'm a shopaholic that quickly?). The hotel was elegantly decorated for the holiday season and a giant Christmas tree stood in the lobby.  For anyone who likes gingerbread houses, there is a whole gingerbread village on display upstairs.

I enjoyed exploring the grounds and seeing all the Christmas decorations.

The next morning I found delicious chocolates under my pillow, my favorite thing about the hotel so far. I ordered a delicious breakfast from Lake Terrace dining room including fresh fruit and Belgian waffles with fresh orange juice. Next I headed downstairs to the indoor heated pool, another reason why this hotel is perfect in the winter and the summer.

After a nice swim I went upstairs to freshen up and enjoyed a cup of the Broadmoor's signature hot chocolate. Nearby there is a cute Christmas town called Santa's Village with rides, churros, and of course Santa Claus. If you are looking for a place to take the kids while you have a relaxing spa day in the hotel's 5-star spa, this is the place.

 For dinner there are several delicious options including La Taverne, the hotel's steakhouse, Del Lago, featuring Italian Cuisine, and the Natural Epicurean that uses local ingredients from the surrounding Colorado wilderness.

 If you are looking for drinks after dinner the Golden Bee offers a quintessential mountain tavern experience and fine ales. I enjoyed picking out Christmas gifts in the hotel gift shop and found embroidered towels and beautiful ornaments. The next day I got ready to leave early because I was heading to the garden of the gods on my way out of town. The Garden of the Gods is a National landmark in Colorado Springs full of the ancient and gigantic red rock formations. I definitely recommend stopping by because it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the beautiful rock formations.

Visit www.broadmoor.com for more information on planning a visit. Has anyone been to the broadmoor? Did you enjoy your visit? Let me kn ow in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment