Wednesday, September 30, 2015

CdM City Guide: San Francisco in a day

Image result for san francisco


San Francisco is a great city and I have always heard about how fun it is to go there. So that's why while I was up in San Jose for a conference and I found out I had an extra day I decided to drive up to San Fran and spend the day in the city. It was one crazy day but I definitely feel like I got the full San Fran experience. Here is how I did it.
The first thing I did when I got to the city was go to the Ghiradelli chocolate factory. I could see the giant sign from the road and when I approached they handed me a chocolate square as I walked through the doorway. I wandered around the cute little shop for awhile looking at all the different confections and read about the founding of the factory. On my way out the door I got another chocolate square. Yumm.

Then I walked down to the fisherman's wharf and looked at the maritime museum and the colorful shops on the wharf. I knew I waned to go on a trolley ride and so I stated walking towards the line to ask where to buy ticket but when I got there someone asked me if I needed a ticket because they had an extra that they weren't using. I thanked them for it and got in the line fro the trolley. It actually saved me a lot of time from waiting in the ticket line and I got a free ticket! I hopped on the little red trolley and rode through the hilly streets while looking at the colorful houses as we drove around the city. After finishing my ride I headed over to the Golden Gate bridge. It was a beautiful day in San Francisco and I had great views of the bay.
Afterwards I headed back into town and stopped at the Boudin Sourdough bread company where I bought a loaf of warm homemade sourdough bread. Easily the best sourdough I've ever had. The factory was really cool to see with a conveyor belt on the ceiling with bread baskets attached to it transporting the loaves from the kitchen to the store. They had all kinds of shaped bread loaves too. everything from hearts to alligators. I stopped at a little souvenir shop before I left to buy a miniature trolley car.
On my way out of the city I decided to take a detour and drive down Lonmbard street. the famous steep windy road that I had seen in all the tourist pictures. It was quite a crazy drive but I made it.
So that's how I did all of San Francisco in one day. If you have any good San Fran stories share them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment