Saturday, October 8, 2016

Closing Night of LAFW on Hollywood boulevard


This Sunday night I headed back over to the Hollywood Athletic Club on Sunset boulevard to cover the closing night of LAFW which started on Thursday last week. You can read my post about the opening night show here. First I checked out the lounge which was filled with some more amazing art installations form the artists at Sur le Mur. I headed over to the booth by cnd world a nail polish brand and after taking a selfie with their poster received an awesome free gift bag full of my favorite nail colors! I grabbed a cherry flavored Bai my favorite flavor and then headed over to the show.
I sat down in my front row spot for the first show of the night.
The opening designer was Danielle Bozza a young self taught Chilean designer who presented at
LAFW for the first time on Sunday. Her collection consisted of black and white pieces and included everything from gowns to stylish work wear. Each silhouette was fitted immaculately. Some of the designs floated down the runway while others hugged the models tightly. The show kept the audience on their toes until the very end with many surprising twists and turns. I had the chance to interview this talented young designer after the show. I asked Bozza about her inspiration for the collection with the help of a translator and she told me that her color pallet was inspired by her meditation. She meditates every day and wanted to explore the balance between black and white. Her silhouettes were inspired by the 30s and the 50s. I loved the way she adapted the long slender silhouettes of the 30s into a more modern maxi dress. I also loved the attention to detail she showed with her complimenting use of headpieces and collars on her designs. I will definitely be following this breakout designer closely and am excited to see what she will come up with next!
Next we saw the collection of Oscar Lawalata which played with color blocking in a very innovative way. The collection focused mostly on work wear with a few dressy pieces sprinkled throughout. A crowd favorite was this reversible jacket look which had the crowd cheering when the model showcased the look. I loved the tech inspired color pallet this designer chose with cyan blue and lemon yellow accents on many of the looks. I also loved the distinct lines he used in his silhouettes. 
The last show was a unique and inspiring collection. Bezgraniz couture designs clothes for the handicapped and disabled and presented an amazing collection to an impressed audience. It was a great end to the night as well as an inspiring finale for fashion week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment