Sunday, February 22, 2015

Diane Von Furstenburg exhibit in LA



In February 2014 I visited the Diane Von Furstenburg exhibit in LA. Located next to LACMA in an old warehouse this was the last stop on the exhibits tour around the world. It celebrated the 40th anniversary of the wrap dress. As I entered the exhibit I was immediately greeted by giant posters of DVF and a history of her career in fashion on the wall. Then I wandered through the next room where portraits of DVF and her friends hung on the walls with stories of her many adventures in the fashion industry. I enjoyed reading about her career and the celebrities she had designed for. There were also vintage ads of the original wrap dress from the 70s. Seeing original prints from the beginning of this trend that is still a closet staple decades later was amazing. Next I headed into the giant open space filled with displays of every wrap dress you could imagine against the backdrop of constantly changing patterns.

Msuic played in the background as I looked at each of the dresses unique details. Some were for evening wear with jewels and beads while others were more every day and some were vintage with 70s patterns. I really enjoyed the exhibit and learned a lot abut the history of DVF and her incredible influence on the fashion industry. I hope to see more from DVF soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment