Thursday, May 9, 2019

CdM Travel: A Weekend in San Diego



This weekend I decided to take a trip down to San Diego and explore a little more of Southern California. I love hanging out in LA but SD is a whole other world just waiting to be discovered only a few hours south! Read my guide below to discover all the best blogger spots to take amazing photos and enjoy a relaxing weekend by the beach!

Day One

Experience the beach and get some amazing views with the hiking trails at Torrey Pines
I loved the amazing hiking in Torrey Pines state park located in La Jolla. The sandstone cliffs and sweeping ocean views were definitely worth the uphill hike. I spent a couple hours exploring the different trails and taking in the wildflower meadows and stunning cliffside pathways. Then I headed down to the beach near the Razorpoint trail at the top of the hill. The beach area is so cool with giant sandstone cliffs and little outcroppings in the ocean that are great for pictures! There are trails for every level whether you are a beginner hiker or looking for a more challenging route. And the best part is you can cool off by the ocean at the end of the hike if you start getting hot! I would definitely recommend this spot for nature lovers and anyone wanting to get some great ocean views of San Diego.

Where to Eat:


Galaxy Taco located only a few minutes away from the hiking trails in the charming La Jolla Village\
After spending the morning hiking I had definitley worked up an appetite and headed over to the famous Galaxy Taco shop in La Jolla. It's just a few blocks from the beach and is situated on the cutest little street with tons of boutiques and other beachside shops. I loved discovering this little neighborhood and Galaxy Taco is famous for delicious gourmet Mexican food in San Diego. I ordered the steak taco with a side of beans and rice which came with a \delicious guacamole salsa. It was the perfect filling and healthy meal for a late lunch. I also loved the colorful atmosphere of the restaurant which offers indoor and outdoor seating.

Where to Shop:Waterfront shopping at Seaport village
If you are looking for the perfect place to find some souvenirs or some coastal inspired fashion than the shopping at Seaport Village is the perfect place! The waterfront shopping has tons of cute shops and fun California lifestyle brands. Relax and end your day with these great lewks.

Day Two

Get in touch with your inner child at Belmont Beach Amusement Park
Experience the party life at Pacific Beach and take a walk along the strand to soak up the San Diego sunshine. For my second day in San Diego I decided to check out the famous Pacific Beach neighborhood and started my day at the historic Belmont Beach Amusement park. The adorable seaside park has everything you's want from a boardwalk amusement park and tons of colorful photo ops! My favorite ride is the old fashioned wooden rollercoaster called the Giant Dipper which has been there since 1925. This historic ride is so fun with great views of the ocean as you fly down the track. This whole park is full of retro vibes. After enjoying the park I headed down to the strand and walked along the beach checking out all the cool beachfront houses!

Where to Eat:


Head into North Park for the trendy and blogger friendly Holy Matcha Cafe
The Holy Matcha cafe is a very popular blogger spot because of it's fun millennial pink decor and palm tree wallpaper. The cafe serves every type of Matcha drink as well as some delicious vegan pastries. It is super fun inside and I loved just hanging out here taking advantage of all the great photo ops!

Nightlife:


I ended my day at the Soda Bar only a few blocks away from Holy Matcha to see the up and coming indie/rock band Wargirl perform at this San Diego live music venue. You can read more about the band and the show in my interview with them here.

I hope you guys enjoyed my guide to the trendiest spots in San Diego! Share if you have been to any of these spots in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment