Sunday, December 15, 2019

Meet Olivia Ooms the New Face of California Country


The California Country music scene has always been unique and Olivia Ooms is the singer who's decided to take the beach lifestyle to Nashville! With her latest hit "California Country" and her powerful vocals she is making a name for herself as a star on the rise. I got to speak with the singer about her inspirations, career, and her latest exciting news!
This girl really represents the best of both worlds bringing her California flare and love of classic country together to make her universally appealing hits. 
 While California has always been a popular destination for country artists to perform and inspires many household names, Ooms brings a personal touch to her music video shot in her hometown of Huntington Beach and up and down the California coast. She talked about the process for filming the video saying, "We knew the vibe we wanted to go with." She even told me one scene was shot at the cafe where she used to work. She also brought along her friends to film with her giving the music video an even more authentic California vibe. 
Ooms is set to perform at the annual California Country Christmas celebration at the Anaheim House of Blues this year on Wednesday December 18th. She told me she was very excited for the performance since the theme was 90s country music. This will be her second time performing at the annual event and this year several other up and coming names are on the line up including Honey County the band that made their breakout performance at Stagecoach this year. 
We also talked about some of Ooms's favorite musical inspirations which include Kacey Musgraves and Old Dominion. 
Ooms was excited about her many upcoming performances and we talked about her style and favorite things to wear on stage. 
She told me, "I'm always changing it up but I would describe my style as edgy. I wear lots of long skirts and flowy styles. I like a lot of variety because what I wear really depends on my mood. My everyday style includes lots of jeans and black boots." 
She added, "I would always wear my silver cross necklace on stage but recently it broke so I'm looking for a new one." 
So what's next for the breakout singer? She's just released a new song called "baggage" and revealed some really exciting news about her latest plans. 
She told me, "I'm moving to Nashville in 2020 so I'm really excited for that and to take the next step in my career." 
I talked with the singer about how she felt about the move and she said, "Huntington Beach turned me into the person I am today." 
We talked about her music and what inspired her the most and she said, "I tend to write a lot of emotional songs but California Country was different. I want to brand myself. I ended up writing it in my publicist's basement one night in 30 minutes it just came to me." 
Ooms is inspired to keep pursuing her dreams as a female artist in the country music industry. She told me, "There is definitely a lack of female representation on country radio and streaming services. It's incredible to see what's happening right now with the female singers. We work just as hard so it's great to see what's happening right now." 
I can't wait to see what happens in Nashville for this California country girl! 




No comments:

Post a Comment