Monday, January 30, 2023

The Blue Jacket Fashion Show Hosted by Frederick Anderson

 


This coming Wednesday designer Frederick Anderson will be hosting the Blue Jacket Fashion Show with Janssen Oncology & Benefitting Zero – The End of Prostate Cancer. The designer gave me an exclusive preview for the evening and you can find my red carpet coverage of the event here on Wednesday evening to see it all happen!

Anderson founded the event with Laura Miller and together they have grown the event to a successful staple on the New York City social calendar that raises awareness for Prostate cancer and screening. 

Frederick shared his excitement for the event as well as the inspiring story of how he came up with the idea in an exclusive interview with me before the big day. He also gave me a sneak peak at what he will be wearing and his plans for the upcoming NYFW! He is celebrating his 5th year with his namesake collection and will be showing his Renaissance collection on February 15th. 

  1. What inspired you to found this In my forties and getting the speech from my doctor about prostate and colon cancer and getting my first colonoscopy and PSA.  I had no idea. I had never had a conversation about any of it.  Frightening and concerning… as I am part of the fashion industry and we promote the fashion fights breast cancer I wondered “what about the men”? Well I took it upon myself to start the conversation and based on the reaction its a conversation that was needed.

 

  1. Do you know what you'll be wearing to the big night? 

I'll be wearing a couture velvet suit by Sartoria Studio which is opening in NYC on Feb 6th with a Blue jacket fundraiser.

  1. How do you think fashion and designers can have an impact on important causes? 

We have a platform and are respected.  I think its my responsibility to use that power for change and awareness. 

  1. How has being one of FGI's rising stars affected you? 

Its really amazing to be honored by your peers. The boost is amazing.

  1. Any plans for Fashion week in February you can share? The collection is called renaissance.  I feel is fitting for my life and where I am at 5years of my own signature collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment