Monday, August 13, 2018

CdM Exclusive: Lauren Bushnell Talks About Her New Fashion Line at Simply LA

Photo Credit: Innovative PR

Lauren Bushnell, season 20 bachelor contestant turned social media star came out to the Simply LA event where she spoke on a panel about launching a product as an influencer and growing a business. If you haven't heard of Simply LA go check out my article in Hollywood glam magazine o get the full story on the star studded event here and don't forget to read my coverage from last year on the blog here! 
This year was another great lineup of brands and speakers and I got an exclusive interview with Lauren about both her latest life updates and her newest business venture Bellevue the label. Her clothing brand also had a popup shop at the Simply event where she showcased her cute designs! It was a real crowd pleaser and many guests stopped by to look at the fresh summer styles.  Lauren was even wearing a cute two piece set from her line at the event. I asked her about her look and that's when she excitedly shared with me her new clothing label. 
She said, "I'm wearing Bellevue the label so this is my clothing line we did like a little capsule collection if you will. Testing the waters seeing if it works."
Photo Credit: @Bellevuethelabel
She talked about her inspiration for the designs saying, "I honestly needed cute clothes for summer and I was like wait why don't we just design a few pieces. why not. I already know what I like and what I don't like. So we just put together a little capsule collection and its really comfy I'm glad that I wore it because it's like 105 degrees here." 
She also shared how her style has evolved since being on the bachelor saying, "I just with experience learned what I like what I don’t like and just also like growing up too. I gained my platform from going on the bachelor the TV show and I was 25 years old and now I’m 28 so I think that naturally with time too I’ve matured and grown I’ve been through situations and I’ve learned and I’ve lived…Now I’m a little bit more sure of who I am and a little bit more sure of what I like what I don’t like and that goes for all things. Whether its work business personal life clothing fashion all those things I think it just kind of evolved with me.” 
She was obviously passionate about the idea and talked about the difference between working as an influencer and having her own label saying, "Being an influencer but then launching a product and not just putting your name behind it but actually like launching it. you have to be passionate about it because you’re going to be working on this every day into late hours and on the weekend so you have to be passionate about what you’re doing and that will translate. So for me using my social media platform I think there’s a difference between promoting a product that you love or a sponsorship that you love versus something that you have ownership over. I think people can tell the difference so if you can share that passion about your brand your product I think it will translate." 
After hearing her speak on her panel about her other label Dear Rose wines sounding like a knowledgeable businesswoman I have no doubt we'll be seeing more from her latest venture in the fashion world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment