Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Check Out my Interview with Kelly Clarkson's Stylist Candice McAdrews at Simply LA

At Simply LA on Saturday I got an exclusive interview with celeb stylist to Kelly Clarkson, Candice McAndrews. Before heading onto her panel she gave me an inside look at what it's like to be a Rock n Roll fashion expert plus she shared her top style tips!
Fashion is an important piece of celebrity image and as a stylist Candice is responsible for creating that image and keeping it consistent. For a musician like Kelly Clarkson that means coming up with new looks when the singer is on tour while still keeping them on theme.
Since Clarkson always looks 100% I decided to ask Candice what her top style tips were because who doesn't want to look like a rockstar?
She said, "In, style and fashion I think that the best tip I can give anybody is to be confident in what you wanna wear and who you are because clothing is another way to express yourself. Rock what you've got and be you."
Now that's definitely the best fashion advice any girl could get.

Next she told me about the business side of the industry and how it's changed since she first started out saying, "Instagram and social media and showing your work on there is how you market yourself now. Showing the people that you've done shows that you're a professional even though there a lot of people on social media who aren't. I think that having your agent and an agency on there is important too. You have to really show that you are a bona-fide stylist and a professional because there's a lot of non-stylists coming off as professionals. I think that building a website, having an agent, showing your portfolio, and then people will believe you're an expert because you are."

On her panel McAndrews talked about what got her into fashion in the first place saying, " Growing up, I loved MTV and watching the music videos and seeing the different styles."

The stylist hasn't always worked in fashion though and first served in the army for 4 years before coming to LA to start her styling career. She shared that once she returned home she started thinking about what she had wanted to do when she was 16 and decided to take styling internships in LA because she remembered how much she'd loved fashion.

Her story is so inspiring because it shows that really anyone can be a fashion lover. She also told the audience that she's continued to serve in the reserves since she got out of the military and just retired from that last year, showing that fashion and other interests aren't mutually exclusive.

Finally she shared with me her favorite moment from her career so far as a stylist saying, "It's really hard to choose because I'm in Rock n Roll and Hollywood so I go back and forth but right now I'm working with Kelly Clarkson all the time and she is the dopest person on the planet. I'm so grateful to have her as a client. She's just humble and funny to no end, hilarious, she really takes care of her people and I'm just enjoying my time with her. We're doing the Voice and we're doing music stuff and we're doing some TV pilots and she's just bouncing everywhere so each day is something new and something fun and she's just really lovely, like I could do it forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment