Wednesday, January 23, 2019

New year New Apartment! Check out my apt tour video!


This year on NewYears Eve I moved in to a brand new apartment! My first adult apartment that I decorated myself! I found tons of awesome DIY projects and organizing tips on Pinterest and I am sharing some of my favorites in this blog post! You can watch my apartment tour video here to see how it all came together!




Easy Picture Set Using Scrapbook Paper



I love this project because finding pictures that match your decor and color scheme can be extremely challenging not to mention expensive! I found 3 pieces of scrapbook paper in similar patterns and the colors that I wanted and used them to create a set of 3 pictures for my bedroom. The paper was 99 cents each and the 12x12 frames were $10 each so in total it was only $33! Check out how it came out below! For mine, I went with a French decorative theme and chose some corresponding patterns and then hung mine in an ascending line. You could also do 4 and put them together in a square which I think looks really nice as well! I added borders to mine and depending on the pattern and theme in your room you could as well. All these items can be found in the scrapbooking section at Micheal's or Hobby lobby!

Kate Spade Gallery Wall for Your Home Office 





I found this idea on Pinterest and loved it since I am a huge Kate Spade fan! I made all the posters myself using more scrapbook glitter paper and then sketched out this cool fashion design as well. This project is easy, just find some inspiring quotes that will motivate you in your work space and then you can design some posters. Polka dot or floral patterned paper is another good material to use to complete the theme. Here's mine as well as some other versions from Pinterest.

Pink Paris Bathroom 

 
I decided to go with a pink Paris bathroom since I already had pink towels. I made the artwork and then used an Eiffel Tower figurine and a betsy Johnson shower curtain to complete the look. I made this poster using canvas and glitter. I traced the letters so they would be even and used one of my favorite Christian Dior quotes, "Pink is the color of happiness". For the second picture I used a calendar photo from an old calender I had. It was pretty easy, I just had to find a frame that was the right size and the photo looks professional but I didn't have to pay for it! The soap dish I made at color Me Mine!

Cherry Kitchen







Of course I had to include my Cherry kitchen on this blog since it is all about cherries around here. I found this beautiful tablecloth at a farmers market in LA. The red chair cushions are from bed bath and beyond and my dish towel is another handmade item! I just attached a piece of cherry patterned cloth to the towel for decoration. I also created this watercolor cherry painting to add some artwork to the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment