Monday, June 6, 2022

All the Red Carpet Style at the 2022 MTV Movie and TV Awards



 

 The MTV Movie and TV Awards made a splash this weekend with celebs like Vanessa Hudgens, JLo, Sydney Sweeny and more stepping out on the red carpet. The "biggest night to be a fan" has been a pop culture staple but recently MTV added the Unscripted Awards event. Airing right after the Movie and TV awards the 2nd annual Unscripted show celebrated the biggest names in reality TV.  I spoke to the stars on the red carpet about the trends they will be wearing this summer and more! 

The Movie and TV Awards brought some major celebrities to Barker Hanger in Santa Monica for the event including Glen Powell and Jay Ellis from Top Gun Maverick, Sydney Sweeney of Euphoria, Vanessa Hudgens who hosted the show, Swae Lee who gave a special performance during the awards, Awkwafina, Jack Black, Jenna Ortega, Lana Condor, Taylor John Smith, Olivia Rodrigo and of course Jennifer Lopez. 

One of the major trends from the red carpet was color. Lana Condor showed up in this all pink suit looking on point. Vanessa Hudgens wore a royal blue dress, Sophia Di Martino wore an all red bedazzled suit, Awkwafina showed up in neon yellow, Taylor John Smith wore his favorite color light blue, Cazzie David wore neon green. I spoke to Taylor John Smith about his look as well as his new movie "Where the Crawdads Sing" which is set to come out in July. Check out my interview with him in the video below! 

Another trend from this red carpet was cutouts. JLo, Chrisnell Stausse, Teresa Giudice, Sher Saurez Tefi Pessoa and more all showed off a little skin for summer in cutout looks. Check out my interview with Sher Suarez below as she describes her Bronx and Banco red carpet look. 

One of my favorite trends from this event was definitely the sparkles. Paris Hilton, Kathy Hilton, Kim Lee, Sydney Sweeney, Sophia Di Martino, Heather and Tarek El Moussa, and Chanel West Coast all opted for bedazzles looks on the red carpet. Check out my interview with Kim Lee of Bling Empire below for details on her sparkly look. 

As for what trends celebs are going to be sporting this summer, it's all about color and comfort. I spoke to Symone, the star of RuPaul's drag race who said, "I used to stay away from pink because I was like ooh that'ss not me. But it makes me feel so bubbly inside it just stirs up some things I don't know." 

I also spoke to Mandii B. podcast host extraordinaire who told me, "I love that crochet is coming back. So I like the crochet tops, shorts and skorts are back." 

Tayshia Adams who hosted the Unscripted awards shared her top picks saying, "I recently bought my first pair of oversized jeans and now I can’t stop wearing them I’ve never worn those before. Also black slides. I never used to be a fan I’m a heels girl."

Check out my full interview with the Bachelor Nation star here

And Tefi Possoa, Tik Tok celeb and InStyle correspondent gave an extra credit answer telling us what trend we need to throw out of our closets this summer. She said, " I feel like I'm sick of you making me buy cargo pans. I'm buying them because I'm a trendy little girl but I don't wanna do it anymore. Anything that I have to go into Old Navy for I don't want it. If I see another double polo I'm lighting everything on fire like in waiting to exhale when she throws the match I'm gonna do that to every double polo in the world." 

Heather El Moussa said she was all about pops of color this summer, "I love color. Lime green pops of color I mean my whole new wardrobe is pops of color." 

Cheyenne Valentino star of the new Drag competition show Queen of the Universe said, "I am really getting into the big tulle skirts now I love them. I used to think people were crazy walking around in with all the tulle skirts. So I got me a few tulles made." 

What was your favorite look of the night? Let me know in the comments below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment