Sunday, June 5, 2022

Exclusive Interview: Fashion Icon Tayshia Adams Hosts MTV Unscripted Awards


 

 Tayshia Adams has had a whirlwind past few years going from a graduate of Concordia University in Irvine to fan-favorite contestant on the Bachelor and now to major media personality and host for the 2nd annual MTV Unscripted Awards. The fashion icon and social media star has built a name for herself by breaking barriers in the reality TV genre as the first bi-racial host of the Bachelorette. But as a young girl growing up in Newport Beach she never dreamed her career would take her all the way to Hollywood. When we spoke to Adams on the red carpet before her big night she said, “I would’ve probably never predicted it but at the same time I feel like this is exactly where I need to be.”

As for what’s next Adams is enjoying her new home in New York City for now and plans to run the NYC marathon again after successfully completing the 2021 race while raising money for the World Vision charity last November. Despite being hospitalized for a kidney infection after last year’s event she is not giving up and planning to compete again in 2022. She said, “I did run my first marathon last year and I’m definitely planning on running the New York marathon this year.”

Adams told us about her new home in NYC and how she has evolved since leaving her home in sunny Southern California. She said, “First of all now that I live in New York my fashion sense has completely changed first of all I’m wearing mostly black if that doesn’t tell you that I’m a New York girl I don’t know what would. It’s really brought out my edge. I feel like orange county is way more chill and laid back and like colorful.”

For Adams, being a host isn’t just about the fun and excitement. She takes the role very seriously and worked to mentor Bachelorette Katie while co-hosting season 17 last year. As the first bi-racial Bachelorette host she also works to be a role model for women like herself.

She shared how she incorporates both of her cultures into her style saying, “I feel like I wear what represents me and I’ll try anything. I love color and with that Mexican culture has a lot of vibrance and that’s always fun to bring into the mix.”

While this was only the second year for the Unscripted Awards, there was still plenty of drama and excitement for fans and Adams had her work cut out for her. The Bachelor Nation sensation is enjoying her new home in NYC but was still happy to be back in her home state for the big night. When it comes to the future there is no doubt her busy career will bring her back to California but for now, she is looking forward to enjoying the summer season. She shared what she’s most looking forward to wearing in the warm weather saying, “I recently bought my first pair of oversized jeans and now I can’t stop wearing them I’ve never worn those before. Also black slides. I never used to be a fan I’m a heels girl.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment