Monday, March 2, 2015

The internship files Day 5


My bags in the fashion show at Factory Direct

Today was a crazy day at FBI. This morning I helped prepare for the back to back seminars they had going for LA textile week. As I walked int he building this morning the place was already buzzing and people were browsing the textile displays in the lobby. When I tried to go up the escalator a guard stopped me and asked me for a badge. During LA textile week the building adds extra  security. Well being an intern, I didn't have a badge so, I had to explain at the front desk where I work. Ahh, the life of an intern. Next I had to head over to the factory direct tradeshow across the street at the NewMart building. I was in charge of manning the FBI booth at the tradeshow as well as helping with the fashion show they were sponsoring at 4;30. I quickly rushed over to get the booth all set up since FBI was short staffed and, I was the only one there. It was really fun to introduce the company to people and I ended up getting a few people to sign up on the email list as well! I also helped out with planning the fashion show and, got to show my original line of Sierra Clair accessories at the end of the show. I also got to mingle with the attendees of the show including the tradeshow organizer David. He also plays beach volleyball and it turns out we know some of the same people. While getting ready for the fashion show Parris the show coordinator did a photo shoot of my totes and t shirts on the models. I also helped time the show and directed the models when they should walk which was a great experience for me because I learned about the timing of a fashion show and the rhythm of the catwalk. Then at the end I had a few models show my bags and I even got to walk out on the runway at the end as a professional designer. I stayed for the after party to network and the showroom owner I met through FBI a few months ago got to see my bags on the runway and he really liked them. So all my hard work really paid off. Today was a long but great day! Check back to see what I'm up to tomorrow at the booth for Design Options at the LA textile show in the California Market Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment