Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Internship Files: Day 7

I was running late this morning trying to beat that LA traffic. Not a great start to the day and then on top of it I spilled my coffee on my way in. But luckily nobody noticed how late I was and I was able to get straight to work finding Pantone chips for Design Options latest color book. The office was buzzing as we tried to fill all the orders from the LA textile show. I also worked on finding color matches for the new color palettes for next Fall. In our office thinking ahead means thinking a year or more in advance. I have definitely developed my forward looking skills here. I ran downstairs to bring back lunch and picked up a pastry for myself from the delicious Fashion Bistro run by two french women from Paris. Needless to say the pastry was delicious. I started working on updating the social media pages for DO when the owner Fran called a company meeting and invited me to the table. I was surprised to be asked to sit in on a meeting; I must be doing something right I guess. I took notes while they talked about sales and implementing a new shipping method. It was interesting to hear the business side of  trend forecasting and I definitely learned a lot. I'll be paying more attention in my Econ class from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment