Saturday, June 1, 2019

Celebrating the Start of Summer with Shiseido: My Fruit Filled Day in LA



You guys know that my blog is all about fruit and cherries were the inspiration for the blog name, so I can't wait to share my summer kickoff celebration filled with exotic fruit, amazing skincare, and even a private cooking class with celebrity chef Stephanie Chung.

Spoiler alert, she loves fresh fruit almost as much as me! I even discovered a new fruit during her class called a loquat. She shared this delicious sweet fruit with us which she uses in several of her recipes. We even took this picture together with some of the ingredients, lemons to match my dress!

I started off my day heading to the Shiseido Malibu beach house where a select group of bloggers and celebrities were invited to come celebrate the launch of the Shiseido WASO skincare line.



 We were treated to an amazing master cooking class with Top Chef finalist Stephanie Chung using the same ingredients found in the Shiseido WASO skincare line! The line features several superfood ingredients which are good for your skin and your health! We learned how to double it up on these superfoods so we can eat them and use them on our skin for the ultimate glow!

Stephanie shared her favorite easy recipes made for entertaining with us starting with a delicious Tofu aioli and glazed carrots.

We got to taste the amazing recipe while enjoying the waves crashing right below us. We took in the stunning views from the patio while enjoying our lunch and then headed back inside for more cooking!

I got to help Stephanie prepare carrots for the next meal and she gave tips for the best way to shave carrots creating pretty spirals for garnish.

We also used Yuzu, which is found in the hydrating sleep mask of the skincare line as well for our next dish. Stephanie invited us to come "garden with her" and create our own custom salads.

After enjoying more delicious food I headed upstairs to take in these amazing views from the second floor while testing out the latest Shiseido products.

We got the full WASO line to take home with us and I have already started using the moisturizer. I can already see a difference and can't wait to try out the rest of the products! Don't forget to check back on the blog soon for more about the cooking class! I will even be sharing one of the recipes we made!

After spending the morning enjoying the amazing fresh recipes from Chef Chung I headed over to Melrose where I continued my fruit themed adventure celebrating the grand opening of the World of Fruit installation in Beverly Hills.

The art gallery is an immersive fruit themed experience with 8 rooms full of colorful interactive exhibits. There are even special tastings offered throughout the museum where guests can taste superfruits from exotic locales around the world. There are fruits that have come from Africa, South America, and many other places! Check out all the fun below!


No comments:

Post a Comment