Saturday, February 21, 2015

CdM restaurant Review: Bottega Louies


A post shared by SierraClair (@cerisesdumatin) on

Bottega Louies is a cute little French bakery and gourmet restaurant with delicious Italian food located in downtown LA. This cute little patisserie opened back in 2007 and quickly became one of the most hip places for the most fashionable crowd of LA.

 It s always busy whether you are getting pain au choclat for the office in the morning or headed over for gourmet pizza and pastries for dinner you'll definitely need a reservation. Not only does Bottega Loiues have artful pastries and cuisne but it is also a hot spot for the fashion forward crowd of LA. I love to stop in on an afternoon and grab a beautifully decorated sugar filled afternoon pick me up in the form of a French pastry. It is difficult to choose between things named St Valentine and princess cake amongst the colorful macaroon trees that change with each season and pink and purple boxes sitting on the shelves.

 I also love to head over and grab a bite for dinner when I'm in the neighborhood. I couldn't decide between the yummy sounding pizza and the new spring vegetable risotto while I was munching on the uniquely designed bread.

Well I'm a sucker for risotto and I am glad I decided to try it. It was absolutely delicious and along with my artfully decorated eggplant Parmesan appetizer quite filling.



For dessert I decided to try the delicious and pink looking St ambrose de valentine tart. Decorated with real rose petals and raspberry flavored frosting the cream puff tart is just my style. Pink! If you are not looking for a raspberry delight I recommend the Opera tart. It is absolutely delicious but beware of eating this too close to bedtime because it is filled with a deliciously deadly combination of ground coffee beans and caramel.

Over all Bottega Louies is the perfect neighborhood patisserie doubling by night as a hip French/Italiano eatery. Next time you're in downtown LA I definitely recommend Bottega Louies to satisfy your sweet tooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment