Saturday, February 21, 2015

Travel Review: A weekend in the Hamptons


The Hamptons, the famed summer getaway for only the most exclusive New Yorkers and now apparently reality TV stars. (Kourtney and Khloe take the Hamptons really?) Well I have a guide for the perfect weekend getaway to the Hamptons that doesn't involve any sibling rivalry or dramatic break ups. If you are planning a Kardashian free trip to the Hamptons this summer here is a list of the must see spots in South Hampton, Long Island.

First if you are coming from New York I recommend the Hampton Jitney. If you are like me and not a native New Yorker you've probably never heard of it. That's because this great and reasonably priced bus ride is a well kept secret in the city. It is definitely cheaper than taking a cab. Of course if you are a member of the 1% you could always just take your helicopter...
Anyways for the rest of us the Hampton Jitney is a quick and painless way to make the trip and they even serve those little travel cookies they used to give out on planes! Mmm. Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers those?


To start I recommend stopping in town to look in all the cute beach shops on Main street including Hildreth's Home goods store. This cute little shop has great souvenirs including beaded pillows starfish soap dishes and much more. there are also many high end shops including Ralph Lauren, and Colettes vintage. After wandering the shops for awhile I ate lunch at the hip and trendy French Italian restaurant called Sant Ambroeus which many famous people have been spotted at recently. The food was delicious and it was fun to sit and people watch right on the boulevard. After lunch I headed over to the popular ice cream store called the Fudge company and sat and ate my ice cream on a bench in front of a Ferrari. Gotta love the Hamptons right? There were also many fun popup stores all along main street. Then you can walk or take the free electric shuttle to Coopers beach past all the beautiful and large cottages.
The beach is great during the summer. It is not too rocky or rough and I easily found a place to lay my towel down. However I would recommend wearing your bathing suit under your clothes because it is a long walk to the nearest restrooms to change. However there is a cute ice cream shop right on the beach when  you do finally make it down to the bathroom. After a fun and relaxing afternoon on the beach I headed back to catch the Jitney back to the city at around 6. On my way back to the train station I picked up a treat from The Golden Pear Cafe on Main street to eat on my way back to NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment