Monday, February 16, 2015

The intern files: Special edition MAGIC tradeshow in Las Vegas


Hey everyone! I am taking a special trip to the MAGIC industry tradeshow in Las Vegas; one of the biggest fashion industry events of the year and I am going to tell you all about it! I will be working in sourcing at the Fashion Business Incorporated booth and posting updates of the latest from MAGIC! Check back soon to learn more!

Today was my first day at MAGIC in Las Vegas. I helped out around the booth and answered potential customers questions. Our booth is on the second floor of the Las Vegas convention center. We are located in the sourcing section and we help start up designers as well as provide industry education. Yesterday Fashion Biz inc held a seminar on Launching your line and finding production. The panel included the founder of the company Frances Harder and other industry professionals such as Sherry West, Jill Mazur,,Susan Power, and Justin Chen. A panel of experts in the industry including people who have started their own clothing line and retailers. I also had some time to wander around the show today. First I looked in sourcing. I saw many interesting manufacturers and printing companies as well as beautiful fabric samples. There was a made in USA section that included many manufacturers who make their clothes right here in America and the rest of the show was organized by country. I saw companies fiom Egypt and Brazil. It was interesting to be able to see fabrics from all over the world in one building.

Next I headed downstairs to the footwear show where companies exhibit their products to buyers. There were buyers from every type of store. The footwear show was amazing. There was an endless mount of brands from well known high end brands like Kate Spade and Steve Madden to start up companies like  High Spirit. High spirit is part of the British invasion show that is exhibiting here this time. They are a small line of backpacks and bags that are fashionable and secure with a zipper on the back of the backpack so no one can steal from you while your not looking! I think that is a great idea for a backpack especially for traveling! I loved looking at all the high end brands as well including Michael Kors, Kenneth Cole, Ralph Lauren, and many more! They are all selling their fall lines right now so the buyers will have time to get everything ordered over summer. i loved seeing the next seasons style!

After checking out shoes I took a trip to the WWDMAGIC show to check out the Juniors wear section. It was so fun to look through a the brightly colored clothes with the music and bright displays everywhere! Check on Pinterest soon for my trend report on this summers trends for Juniors wear!

This evening I went over to the women's contemporary show to celebrate the emerging designer showcase with FBI where several FBI members exhibited their designs all day today. It was a great end to a fun day!

Now I'm headed back to Sourcing to help out at the booth and see more interesting manufacturers.
Check back for more on my adventures to MAGIC tomorrow!

Today I went to the Mandalay Bay convention center where the Men's and ENK Vegas shows were being held at MAGIC. I wandered through the Project show and the Tents by Project which showed collections from brands like Calvin Klein Men's and J Brand Jeans. Next I looked at the ENK Vegas show which had more alternative Women's brands and some interesting high end Jewelry brands as well. The ENK show was also decorated by an interior decorating firm located in Los Angeles and the theme was Oasis. There were many plants and wooden chairs and interesting lamps in the rest areas throughout the show. My favorite exhibit at Mandalay Bay was the Pool show though. This was a show for smaller unique brands. Many brands had a cultural background including one where all the bags were handmade in India and, another which was based on the cultural traditions of Peru. Some of the other brand had an ethical mission. One brand was a non profit which donated to combating  human trafficking. Another was focused on using recycled goods for all of their products. I really enjoyed the innovative techniques and ideas from this show.

Well it has been a great and exciting week at MAGIC I hope you enjoyed reading about it and learned something interesting! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to check out my articles on the Seminars I attended while at MAGIC here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment