Monday, February 16, 2015

Spotlight: Vintage Viewpoint in Palm Springs CA



Image result for palm springs ca

If you are tired of the cold this winter and looking for a warm escape I definitely recommend Palm Springs, California. The warm weather and relaxing desert vibes among the natural beauty of California will certainly make a great vacation. There are many cute bungalow style places to stay in Palm Springs but all the most fashionable stay at the Viceroy Hotel and Spa where Guess Jeans Co. holds their annual party every year.
                Image result for viceroy hotel palm springsImage result for viceroy hotel palm springs

 If you are looking for a more secluded spot and the throw back Palm Springs experience I would definitely go for a bungalow but if you are more interested in the party crowd I would recommend the Viceroy.

Image result for palm springs bungalows
My favorite thing to do in Palm Springs besides lounge by the pool of course is to head down to El Paseo for some Vintage shopping.
Image result for el paseo palm springs ca

 El paseo is the most fashionable street in Palm Springs and in the Spring they even have an El Paseo fashion week where many of the boutiques exhibit designers at trunk shows and hair stylists show off their latest styles. I first discovered the vintage gold mine in Palm Springs when I was in 6th grade. I took a spring break trip with my mom and we decided to go shopping. I found a cute little boutique called Marga's repeat boutique and walked in. The lady behind the counter wearing a scarf and fashionable glasses greeted me in her signature accent "Hello Dahling welcome to Mahga's" It was something out of a movie. The shop was filled with clothes from every era and every designer. Some fancy dresses in the corner caught my eye and as I walked over to look at them she told me "they're all Escada dahling" This was officially the best vintage store I had seen yet. I ended up buying a vintage Yves Saint Laurent scarf in pink, my favorite color. I always visit Margas whenever I'm in town to see what new things they have in store. There are many other vintage shops around Palm Springs but this one is definitely my favorite.

Image result for el paseo palm springs ca  
  I love vintage shopping because it's like a treasure hunt and you never know what you're going to find. There are also some great vintage furniture shops on El Paseo if you are into interior design. If you get hungry while you are shopping there are lots of great cafes on El Paseo to try! If you are looking for a great vintage selection and some sunshine Palm Springs is definitely the place to go.

Image result for palm springs sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment