Saturday, February 21, 2015

Travel Review: Finding your aura in Sedona Arizona

This past week To get a little taste of adventure I headed over to the beautiful little desert town of Sedona Arizona. Sedona is a great place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. This cute little town is surrounded by the red rocks of Arizona and is also home to an ancient Indian village.
I felt like escaping from the city and had read reviews about Sedona. The town of Sedona is located in central Arizona. I booked a cute little cottage at a resort in downtown Sedona. The place had an artsy vibe and a cute shopping center with homemade pottery and beads for sale. The town is also famous for mountain vortexes, which the Indains believed had healing powers, that I took a hot hike to.  I climbed up the mountain through the red clay and took in the views from the top. The red rocks and desert landscape looked peaceful in the sunlight. The hike definitely left me feeling great, maybe it was the natural setting of the desert, or maybe the Indians were right and the vortexes natural powers healed me. I also visited the farmers market that sells incense and pretty tie dye skirts. One of my favorite parts was learning about the history of the ancient clay pueblos built into the mountainside. I also took a drive to the famous slide rock which is not far from Sedona. Slide rock is an natural water slide made with ice cold spring  water that has smoothed over the rocks under it over thousands of years. It was a crazy  ride as I dipped into the ice cold water but soon the shock began to wear off and I just got numb. Then I slid down the rocks  and tried to avoid the boulders along the edges. I made it out alive though and I think the ice water is also rejuvenating because I felt energized for the hike back to the car after. Another interesting thing about Sedona is the Javelina statues that are placed throughout the town. I turned it into a sort of scavenger hunt after I noticed the theme and found several interesting statues of Javelinas around the town. Some had on interesting outfits while others were made out of wood or bronze. Apparently Javelinas are a common type of wild boar in the desert of Arizona. I really enjoyed the trip and felt more connected with the desert nature than before. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a change of scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment