Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Bonaventure in Downtown LA


The Bonaventure is a historic hotel in downtown LA with a spinning bar at the top for beautiful sweeping view of Los Angeles. I decided to head over to the Bonaventure one summer night to check out the famous bar. I didn't make any reservations and there wasn't a wait so that was nice. I took the glass elevator from the lobby to the 34th floor and surveyed the hotel below me. I got a table by the window and put my purse down on the floor next to me. I looked over the menu at all the fruity drinks available. And then decided to take a picture of the view with my phone. When I went to grab my purse I realized it was slowly receding away form me. The bar had started spinning and it was taking my purse with it! I quickly grabbed my purse and got my phone out to take the picture.
I ordered a drink  called the California. It was delicious decorated with pineapple and cherries. The frozen pineapple strawberry flavor was the perfect thing to end a hot summer day. I decided to order dessert from their attractive menu. I finally chose the banana Crème Brulee. The delicious crème brulee with vailla whipped cream and chocolate shavings on top was the perfect thing to satisfy my sweet tooth. As I sat enjoying my drink and crème brulee I took in the 360 views of Los Angeles from the 34th floor of the  Bonaventure. After finishing in the lounge I headed downstairs to the LA Prime restaurant for dinner. I was quickly seated in a booth with a great view of the sunset and Los Angeles skyline. I ordered a Shirley temple of course and looked over the expansive menu. I decided to split the seafood appetizer for two with my friend. The appetizer came with all the best fresh seafood including Lobster King crab Prawns and oysters. The server was very accommodating and was able to replace the oysters with extra prawns when I asked for no oysters. The seafood platter came and was more than enough for the two of us. This platter is a great deal priced as an appetizer even though it is quite filling! After finishing my dinner I decided to wander around and explore the hotel. The Bonaventure hotel is a great place to visit in downtown. The historic hotel is famous for its location in the business district and revolving cocktail lounge. If you are looking for and hang out with friends this place is perfectly located in downtown LA.
























No comments:

Post a Comment