Tuesday, December 2, 2014

CdMRestaurant Review: The Capital Grille


My favorite place to go in Washington D.C. is the Capital Grille. On my first trip to Washington D.C. trying to find a restaurant was a disaster. I made every mistake imaginable from eating in the hotel restaurant late at night to taking a never ending midday bus ride to the edge of town for a restaurant that didn't open until 5! The next time I visited Washington D.C. I decided to plan ahead. That's when I came across the Capital Grille. Appropriately named this restaurant makes you feel like you're on Capital hill. The dark wood and old fashioned paintings give a great ambiance. I'm pretty sure there was a post Congress session dinner going on in the private room the night I was there! I ordered the lobster and potatoes au gratin for a delicious meal. That is probably one of the bet Lobsters I have ever tasted. the friendly wait staff kept my obligatory Shirley temples filled all night. But that's not the end of my time at the Capital grille.

Next I visited the Capital Grille in Las Vegas, Nevada in the Fashion Show Mall. Where I was surprised to see another one of these delicious restaurants I thought were exclusive to Washington D.C., given the name and all. As I sat overlooking the great view from the 2nd story restaurant I enjoyed the delicious signature Capital Grille burger with ground Sirloin. This delicious gourmet burger is now my favorite thing to get from the lunch menu. I also decided to taste their dessert and ordered an impeccable Creme Brulee.

Imagine my surprise when, on my way out of town in Fort Lauderdale, Florida I came across yet another Capital Grille. This time I swore I would look up all the locations when I got home. I ordered my new lunch favorite and tried the calamari appetizer which turned out to be delicious. The waitress noticed that it was our last day in town and gave us each roses when we headed out. The Capital Grille certainly has customer service perfected.

When I got home and looked up the Capital Grille locations I realized there was one right here in California at the South coast Plaza. I couldn't believe it. After all that I thought. I was excited to learn I wouldn't have to travel far next time I wanted that burger though. I have eaten at the South Coast Plaza location several times and tried many delicious menu items. I even celebrated a birthday dinner there where in true Capital Grille style I was served a divine chocolate and cheesecake dessert with Happy Birthday written in chocolate across the plate. So that is the story of how I discovered the Capital Grille. I guess you never know what could be right around he corner. I continue to try and visit Capital Grille locations whenever I find a new one. Have you ever been to the Capital Grille? Or discovered something in your area you never knew was there before? let me know in the comments below! And don't forget to try the candies by the door on the way out next time you visit one, they are very yummy too!



No comments:

Post a Comment