Saturday, December 20, 2014

WB24: Sushi with a View at the Ritz Carlton Downtown LA




After a great concert put on by the Salvation army called Rock the Red Kettle at LA Live I headed over to the Ritz Carlton Hotel in downtown LA for some dinner. If you want to know more about the free holiday concert read my review here. I decided to try the WB 24 Asian restaurant by Wolf Gang Puck. The Asian fusion restaurant is located on the 24th floor of the Ritz Carlton Hotel. With a great view of LA and a modern design aesthetic the restaurant was the perfect place to relax and look out on the city lights. I even got the chance to use my Hyperlapse app for the first time since I downloaded it 3 months ago. I took a great video of the freeway lights amidst the downtown highrises. The appetizer menu looked so enticing, I decided to order the tempura green beans.

 This delicious appetizer turned out to be more filling than I though and by the time my Chinese chicken salad came I could only eat a few bites, but they were delicious. 

The fresh ingredients and yummy Chinese dressing paired with crunchy wontons on top make this salad a great choice. 

Then my California rolls came. These were not the traditional California roll but instead they had king crab inside along with the signature avocado. These were undeniably some of the best California rolls I've tasted. I was so full after the meal, I wished I hadn't ordered desert. But I did not regret the delicious green tea banana split I tasted. 

With an almond blondie and banana fried in green tea flavored batter and topped with orange flavored flower petals, this delicate desert is the perfect way to end your meal at WB24. It is certainly a unique dessert with distinctly strong flavors. 

The rest of the hotel was decorated with lighted Christmas decorations including the restaurant. The Christmas trees lights reflected off the window as I looked over the busy freeway and lights of downtown. It was quite a view. The Ritz sparkled with Christmas lights all over as I headed downstairs. 

I definitely recommend the restaurant if you are looking for some delicious sushi in some of best ambiance in downtown LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment