Saturday, March 19, 2016

LAFW closing night


Tonight was the closing night of LAFW held at Columbia Square in Hollywood. Today I decided to head over to Melrose before the shows started and try a new restaurant. I found this fun place the Tortilla Republic and enjoyed a snack before going down the street to the shows. I would recommend
this neighborhood if you are looking for a fun vibe. It also had great parking. You can read more about the restaurant in my article here.

The 4 day fashion week event had a huge turn out all 4 days however this was many attendees favorite night with several talented designers on the runway.

Esther Perbrandt was one of the most anticipated shows and the closing collection featured a surprise guest a top model from the 60s Verushka. One of my favorite collections was the Phlemuns the first show of the night featured a plaid inspired collection with fun 90s silhouettes and a fall color palette. I spoke to the designer James Flemons who told me his plaid collection was inspired by the 90s band Deee-lite. The mini skirts and matching sets reminded me of something out of Clueless and definitely echoed the brand's Los Angeles roots. The looks ranged from casual to dressy and layered the pieces were versatile and could be mixed and matched.The looks kept an element of fun girly fashion with cute penny loafers that reminded me of Nancy Drew while still being high fashion and trendy. This collection will be a trend setter for Fall and I'm sure we will see more plaid coming










Photos by Rico Mejia photo https://www.facebook.com/ricomejiaphoto

out. This was Phlemons first showcase at LAFW and the crowd enjoyed the bold collection. I also had fun getting my hair done by L'oreal pro at the hair station. I got this fun and fashion forward updo that went perfectly with my outfit and received many compliments throughout the night.

                                                    Photo by Yoshawn Smith

Another one of the featured designers was the activewear brand Underlash. The sleek designs and black and white colors made the collection seem high end as well as trendy with the mesh cut outs.
I enjoyed snacking on the cute individually wrapped Macarons provided in the VIP lounge by Bottega Louies one of my favorite restaurants in downtown. The sweets were gone in under 2 hours and everybody loved them!

The closing night was definitely a success and we saw some great local and international designers! I am enjoying the fun goodies from my giftbag which included these cool nail polishes!


No comments:

Post a Comment