Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Opening Gala of LAFW in Hollywood

Last night I attended the opening gala of LAFW at Columbia Square in Hollywood. The glamorous event kicked off with red carpet arrivals where I ran into none other than James Kennedy. Check out my interview with him here. Tonight I decided to go with a 90s look inspired by one of my favorite LA movies Clueless. I chose this free people slip dress and layered this lacy H&M overcoat for a fun girly effect. I added my favorite Kate Spade Bonjour Monsieur clutch and Forever 21 bow headband to accessorize the look. I paired it with my nude sparkle Steve Madden shoes for that extra dose of Hollywood glamour. As I walked up the stairs to the entrance I noticed the surrounding studios in the historic Columbia Square. During the Hollywood golden era many famous actors shot here including Lucille ball and the buildings are filled with Hollywood history. This was the perfect venue for a Fashion Gala. Keeping with the glamorous theme there were acrobats dressed all in white standing around as you entered the event doing tricks and flips.

Once I got inside I immediately noticed the  "White room" installation with more live models decorating the space. The art was also on theme with the old Hollywood look and included an old Television set and couches. This interactive installation was designed by Drew Klopfer and was very interesting and fun to look at with black script on many items and the #unfashion on the TV. There was even a place to take selfies!
In the VIP lounge I was excited to see one of my favorite restaurants had provided delicious sweets for the event. Bottega Louies is a favorite fashion hang out in downtown LA and I enjoyed tasting their delicious macarons and pastries at the event. You can read more about the restaurant in my article here.
L'oreal Pro and Cinema Secrets also sponsored the event providing make-up and hair stations for guests to get their style touched up throughout the night. They are also sponsoring the backstage hair and make-up for the shows this week.
Soon the entertainment started and everyone headed over to the runway to take their seats. This was a little confusing because our wristbands did not indicate which seating we should take. After I managed to find a seat the first singer Eric Zayne took the stage and performed his songs "Supped up girl" and "Fire". He had great energy onstsage and really got the crowd excited. Next we heard from Maxine Ashley who sang "Lobster" and finally we got to see an amazing performance from Dream World Cirque acrobats who had been entertaining us all night.
It was a great night and I can't wait to see the amazing designers LAFW has for us tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment