Thursday, March 17, 2016

LAFW Day 1




Tonight was the first night of shows at LAFW in Hollywood. I wore a green and gold outfit for St. Patricks day and dressed it up with this peacock feather theme. I couldn't wait to see what the designers would be presenting this season. I hung out in the VIP lounge before the show and enjoyed the modern furniture arranged by the agencyre.

The show opened with Dena Burton's collection who I interviewed here. Then we got to see international designer Marcelo Quadros who came all the way form Brazil. I spoke to Marcelo backstage before his show and asked him about his latest collection. This was his second season at LAFW and he had also previously presented at Sao Paulo fashion week in Brazil. According to Marcelo his current collection is all about beauty and he designed beautiful couture evening wear playing with patterns and adding details such as sparkles to make his creations unique. He was excited to present his designs at LAFW again and was working hard to prepare the models backstage. I loved the elegant sleeves and designs on this dress.He had several dresses in this orange hue for Fall which I think will be a trending color for the next season.


He also had some darker dresses with fun sparkling designs. I loved the slits on his long gowns because they were the perfect length and fit well. I loved the artistic designs on his dresses and could definitely see myself in any one of the gowns. His collection included all types of evening wear from short cocktail dresses to long flowing gowns. I loved the ruffles on this nude gown that bounced when the model walked. I hope this up and coming talent will continue to come back to the US and design his clothes here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment